Lux Art Institute is excited to reopen our physical campus and share our exciting new season of exhibitions and programming with all of you! We cannot wait for you to see our first two exhibitions of Season 14, A New Territory. In our Artist Pavilion visit the residency exhibition of Jamaican born artist Cosmo Whyte. In our Education Pavilion view our first Regional Artist, Beliz Iristay.
Lux strives to continue its mission by working diligently to take the proper steps to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and to protect the wellness of our employees, guests, and visitors, especially those that are most vulnerable. We thank you for your patience during our closure and for your support during these unprecedented times.
LUX's New Hours:
Thursday - Saturday
2pm - 5pm
By Reservation Only
schedule your Free visit today!
Lux's Safety Procedures
Lux's Enhanced Safety Includes:
- Increased cleaning procedures and policies
- Increased air flow and ventilation through all indoor spaces
- Masks are required at all times by staff and guests
- Masks will be available for purchase for those who have forgotten their own
- Designated staffing zones
- No-touch doorways
- New maps, signage, and floor markers to create socially distant traffic through the space
- Completely paperless visit [All tickets are digital with more information accessible through QR codes and web links]
- New hand sanitizing stations across the entire campus
About Your Visit
Before You Visit LUX:
- Schedule your visit HERE! Reserve your free time slot ticket and complete our COVID-19 Questionnaire
- Reservations are 30 minute intervals that allow for cleaning between guests
- Be sure your party is made up of less than 10 guests for your vist
- No additional guests or pets (with the exception of trained service animals) will be allowed in our galleries
While At LUX:
- When you arrive a Visitor Experience team members will greet you and walk through questions such as verifying your reservation, our COVID-19 Questionnaire, and the rules and walk-through of the Lux campus
- Note that your temperature will be taken upon arrival
- At all times be sure you wear a face covering and properly wear the mask to cover both your nose and mouth [All guests over the age of 2 will be required to wear masks]
- Ensure you keep 6 feet social distancing space between other guests
- Follow the provided guiding lines and arrows as you navigate the space
- Restroom use will subject to 1 person at a time
- Please, wash and disinfect hands upon arrival, during your visit, and as you depart at one of our many hand sanitizing stations
- EDUCATION PAVILION: Begin your visit in our Education Pavilion where you will enter through the main entrance and follow the signage and arrows through the space.
- GARDEN & NATURE TRAIL: Enter the Garden via Studio 2 in our Education Pavilion. Walk across the garden to our Live Well Staircase to begin the Nature Trail.
- ARTIST PAVILION: At the end of our Nature Trail you will be guided to the Artist Pavilion.
- EXIT: Once you complete your visit to our Artist Pavilion you may exit via our driveway back to our Education Pavilion
*If you have concerns about accessibility you may park in one of the designated spots at the Artist Pavilion. If you have questions or concerns please contact our Visitor Experience Manager, Victor Sanchez, at email@example.com or (760) 436-6611.
Follow CDC Guidelines & Protocols
- STAY HOME: If you are experiencing symptoms of any illness, not just COVID-19, please stay home and do not visit public areas.
- STAY IN TOUCH: Be sure to contact your doctor if you feel ill before you seek out medical care.
- NOTIFY: If you have visited Lux in the days prior to experience symptoms please reach out to Lux's Human Resources [firstname.lastname@example.org or (760)436-6611] so we may take the proper action to notify other visitors and close our facility for sanitation.
- AVOID: For safety or yourself and others avoid public transportation when able; including ride-sharing and taxis.
- CALL 911: If you experience a medication emergency call 911 and seek immediate assistance.